On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Garlic and chilli add a touch of heat, and green beans some crunch, to Ching He-Huang's classic Chinese dish
Method1. For the beef: in a small saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the green beans for 1 minute, then drain them and refresh in cold water. Set aside.
2. Combine the sliced beef, light soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar in a bowl. Add a little salt and freshly ground black pepper, mix well, then set aside.
3. Heat a wok over a high heat then add the groundnut oil. Add the marinated beef, then sprinkle over the garlic and chilli. Toss quickly, then stir-fry until the meat is cooked and the ingredients are well mixed.
4. Add the beans and stir-fry for another minute, then season with a pinch of salt and a drop of oyster sauce.
5. For the rice: heat a wok over a high heat and add the groundnut oil. Pour in the beaten eggs and leave to settle for 1-2 minutes before stirring lightly scramble them.
6. Add the peas to the wok and stir-fry for less than 1 minute. Add the rice and heat through, mixing until the grains are well separated. Season with the light soy sauce and sesame oil, then add white pepper to taste and serve immediately.
For the beef
- 200 g fine green beans
- 350 g beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce, plus extra to season
- pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 medium chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
For the fried rice