On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Los Angeles
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 10
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 15-20 minutes chilling
- Cook time:
- 45 min
The delicate sweetness from clementine marmalade is the star of Tony Singh’s simple and tasty tart
Method1. For the pastry: mix the flour, ground almonds and icing sugar together in a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and mix to form a dough, adding a splash of water if the mixture is too dry.
2. Shape the dough into a ball, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Once chilled, roll out the pastry until it is large enough to line a deep 26cm quiche tin. Press the pastry into the dish, then prick the bottom all over with a fork. Place back into the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
3. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
4. For the filling: beat the sugar and the eggs together until pale and fluffy, then add the melted butter. Mix until well combined, then stir in the ground almonds.
5. Remove the pastry case from the fridge. Spread the marmalade evenly over the base of the pastry, then pour the filling mixture over. Scatter over the flaked almonds, then bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the tart is golden-brown and risen.
6. Set aside to cool, then remove from the tin and serve in slices.