On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Bologna
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Beer and Cider
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Bejeweled
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus overnight marinating
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Edith Bowman marinates her chicken chunks in Greek yogurt, lemon and an abundance of mild spices for the perfect BBQ treat
Method1. In a large pyrex bowl, combine the Greek yogurt with the ginger, lemon zest and juice of ½ a lemon, coriander, garam masala, cumin and turmeric. Drop the chicken chunks into the yogurt and marinade for a good 3-4 hours (preferably overnight).
2. On a skewer, thread a piece of chicken then a slice of onion, another chicken chunk, then a cherry tomato and keep going until the skewer is packed. Cook on either a grill or hot griddle pan for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until chicken is cooked through.
3. For the rice: cook the rice according to the packet instructions, adding the zest and juice of one and a half lemons to the cooking water.
4. When the rice is cooked, drain it into a sieve and put this back over the sauce pan. Add a knob of butter and cover. When you are ready to serve, add a good pinch of salt and garnish with some finely chopped mint and lemon.
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2.5 cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 lemons
- pinch ground coriander
- pinch ground garam masala
- pinch ground cumin
- pinch ground turmeric
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomato
- 150 g basmati rice
- 1 knob butter
- handful of finely chopped mint
- lemons, to garnish