Curried chicken kebab with lemon rice
From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus overnight marinating
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Edith Bowman marinates her chicken chunks in Greek yogurt, lemon and an abundance of mild spices for the perfect BBQ treat
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2.5 cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 lemons
- pinch ground coriander
- pinch ground garam masala
- pinch ground cumin
- pinch ground turmeric
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomato
- 150 g basmati rice
- 1 knob butter
- handful of finely chopped mint
- lemons, to garnish
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a large pyrex bowl, combine the Greek yogurt with the ginger, lemon zest and juice of ½ a lemon, coriander, garam masala, cumin and turmeric. Drop the chicken chunks into the yogurt and marinade for a good 3-4 hours (preferably overnight).
2. On a skewer, thread a piece of chicken then a slice of onion, another chicken chunk, then a cherry tomato and keep going until the skewer is packed. Cook on either a grill or hot griddle pan for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until chicken is cooked through.
3. For the rice: cook the rice according to the packet instructions, adding the zest and juice of one and a half lemons to the cooking water.
4. When the rice is cooked, drain it into a sieve and put this back over the sauce pan. Add a knob of butter and cover. When you are ready to serve, add a good pinch of salt and garnish with some finely chopped mint and lemon.