On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Jean-Christophe Novelli transforms the humble potato into an Oriental-inspired salad with fresh herbs and a tangy, hot sauce
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Jean-Christophe Novelli has launched a Master Spud competition to inspire Brits to cook more with potatoes. To take part and for more potato recipes, visit the Master Spud website
- 5-6 medium potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, well-cooked and crumbled
- large bunch pak choi, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
For the sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Bring a heavy-bottomed pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes – they should still be firm. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then peel and grate
2. For the sauce: mix all the ingredients together with 1/8 tsp salt in one bowl.
3. Mix the remaining salad ingredients together in a large bowl, then drizzle over the sauce and combine well. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes before serving.