Ravioli of pumpkin and mushroom
By: From: Trish's French Country Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Trish Deseine’s bountiful parcels of autumn vegetables and pasta make a great starter or lunch dish
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped25
- 250 g pumpkin, finely chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 large handfuls mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 handfuls flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 sheets pasta
- 4 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 4 tbsp grated gruyère cheese, or 2 tbsp parmesan
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the oil and butter together in a frying pan and gently cook the shallots and garlic until slightly softened. Add the pumpkin and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the mushrooms and apples, then raise the heat slightly. Cook until the vegetables are done, then stir in the parsley and some salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat and cook for a final 3-4 minutes.
3. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the pasta sheets for 2-3 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente (tender but retaining some bite). Drain well.
4. Lay one pasta sheet on a serving plate. Spoon a quarter of the pumpkin mixture into the middle and cover with another sheet of pasta. Cut a cross in the middle of the top sheet of pasta and fold the corners back to reveal the filling. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of pine nuts and a quarter of the cheese.
5. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve while the ravioli are still steaming hot.