Beef tartare with oysters
By: From: Trish's French Country Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 30 min
Fresh oysters go beautifully with tender raw beef, says Trish Deseine, who serves this as an appetizer
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- For this recipe try to find the most beautiful fillet of beef you can. Ideally the knife will cut through it like butter.
For the sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cut the beef into little chunks and mix it with the shallot, capers and a little bit of olive oil, just enough to bind the mixture. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and set aside while you get on with the oysters.
2. Shuck the oysters and drain the water. Keep the shells for serving the tartare. Cut up the oysters and stir them very gently into the beef mixture.
3. For the sauce: put 4-5 oysters into a blender with the parsley, brown bread, a good squeeze of lemon and a little pinch of salt.
Process until smooth.
4. Fill the shells with the beef tartare and pour a little of the oyster sauce over each.