On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - River Cottage Veg - Power
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg - Bring It On
- 22:00 - River Cottage Veg - Grow Your Own
- Prep time:
- 30 min
Fresh oysters go beautifully with tender raw beef, says Trish Deseine, who serves this as an appetizer
Method1. Cut the beef into little chunks and mix it with the shallot, capers and a little bit of olive oil, just enough to bind the mixture. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and set aside while you get on with the oysters.
2. Shuck the oysters and drain the water. Keep the shells for serving the tartare. Cut up the oysters and stir them very gently into the beef mixture.
3. For the sauce: put 4-5 oysters into a blender with the parsley, brown bread, a good squeeze of lemon and a little pinch of salt.
Process until smooth.
4. Fill the shells with the beef tartare and pour a little of the oyster sauce over each.
For the sauce
Tips and suggestions
- For this recipe try to find the most beautiful fillet of beef you can. Ideally the knife will cut through it like butter.