On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Donut Showdown - Vegas
- 20:30 - Donut Showdown - Zombies
- 21:00 - Donut Showdown - Chinatown
Method1. To make the hollandaise sauce: put the egg yolks, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of water in a food processor and blitz until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the warm butter and keep mixing until the sauce is thick and glossy. Season to taste with sea salt and white pepper and keep warm until needed.
2. To poach the eggs: pour 5cm water into a frying pan and place over a high heat. When the water boils, turn off the heat and break the eggs carefully into the water. Put a lid on the pan and leave for 3 minutes until the whites are opaque. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
3. To serve: put a muffin half on each plate, top with a slice of ham and then a poached egg. Spoon hollandaise sauce over the egg and serve immediately.
For the hollandaise sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 175 g unsalted butter, melted and kept warm
For the eggs
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 English muffins, spit in half and toasted
- 4 slices leg ham