On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Secret Meat Business - English
- 20:30 - Secret Meat Business - Malaysian
- 21:00 - Secret Meat Business - Italian
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- makes 12
Bill Granger’s little raspberry cheesecakes, baked in muffin tins, make perfectly pretty party food
Method1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/Gas 3 and line a 12-hole, 125ml-capacity muffin tin with muffin papers.
2. For the bases: melt the butter. Crush the biscuits to fine crumbs using a food processor or a rolling pin. Put the biscuit crumbs, ground almonds and melted butter in a bowl and stir to combine. Press 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the base of each muffin paper, then refrigerate.
3. For the filling: beat the cream cheese, soured cream and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the whole egg first, then the egg yolk, vanilla and lime zest, beating well after each addition.
4. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the bases, then sprinkle the raspberries evenly on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheesecakes are puffed and starting to colour. Allow them to cool then refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
5. Remove the cheesecakes from the muffin papers. Top each one with a fresh raspberry or two and dust with icing sugar to serve.
For the bases
For the filling
- 400 g cream cheese
- 100 ml soured cream
- 110 g caster sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 medium egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
- 50 g fresh or frozen raspberries