On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Fast Food and Street Food
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Bill Granger’s simple saffron-scented Spanish rice makes an excellent partner for roast meats
Method1. In a large, deep, heavy-based frying pan or a paella pan, heat the oil over a medium-low heat and cook the onion for 5 minutes or until soft and golden.
2. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat it with the oil, then pour in the wine and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the stock and saffron and cook. Stir regularly for the first ten minutes, and then leave the rice to cook through for a further 5 minutes or so until just tender without stirring. This will ensure that the bottom becomes a little crisp.