On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Noodles, Dim Sum and Dumplings
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- makes about 300ml
Bill Granger’s quick version of this Spanish sauce can be made even easier with ready-roasted peppers and toasted almonds
Method1. Grill the peppers under a hot grill, turning often, until the skins are blistered and charred all over. Remove with tongs, place in a bowl and cover. Leave for 5-10 minutes to cool while the steam lifts the skins.
2. Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan, toast the almonds, stirring often until they are pale brown. Remove to a bowl to cool.
3. Peel and discard the skins of the peppers and remove the seeds and core.
4. Place the flesh in a blender with the toasted almonds, vinegar, olive oil and some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pulse to combine, making sure the sauce still has some texture.