By: From: Bill's Tasty Weekends
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- makes about 300ml
Bill Granger’s quick version of this Spanish sauce can be made even easier with ready-roasted peppers and toasted almonds
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Grill the peppers under a hot grill, turning often, until the skins are blistered and charred all over. Remove with tongs, place in a bowl and cover. Leave for 5-10 minutes to cool while the steam lifts the skins.
2. Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan, toast the almonds, stirring often until they are pale brown. Remove to a bowl to cool.
3. Peel and discard the skins of the peppers and remove the seeds and core.
4. Place the flesh in a blender with the toasted almonds, vinegar, olive oil and some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pulse to combine, making sure the sauce still has some texture.