On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Blueberry Coronation Chicken and Two Course Pasty
- 22:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Pizza, Blackberry Beer and Chicken Pie
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Bill Granger makes the most of fresh seasonal British stone fruit with this winningly uncomplicated tart
Method1. For the pastry:preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. Using some extra butter, grease and line a 23cm springform cake tin.
2. Melt the butter, transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Add the flour and a pinch of sea salt and stir to make a soft dough. Press the dough evenly into the base of the prepared tin with your fingertips.
3. Put the tin on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is slightly puffy and golden. Remove from the oven (leaving the oven on) and sprinkle the ground almonds over the pastry base.
4. For the plum jam topping: toss together the plums, sugar, cornflour and orange juice. Spread over the pastry base and return to the oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Leave the tart to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving – it is delicious warm or at room temperature.