By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 8 min
Serve Theo Randall’s quick soup as a starter when entertaining, or as a lunch dish, with lots of crusty bread
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Each oyster has some flavoursome juice in its shell, so as you shuck them, be careful to collect this liquid to add and give extra flavour to the soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp chopped smoked pancetta lardons
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Charlotte potatoes, cut into 1cm pieces
- 100 ml milk
- 75 ml double cream
- 12 fresh oysters, freshly shucked and chopped, oyster liquor reserved
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Stir in the chopped carrot, onion and celery, pancetta, thyme and sliced garlic, then fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until softened.
2. Meanwhile, drop the potatoes into a pan of boiling water and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Pour the oyster liquor from the shucked oysters along with the milk and cream into the pan with the vegetables, then tip in the potatoes.
3. Bring to a simmer, stir in the chopped oysters and parsley and simmer for a further 3 minutes. Check the seasoning and serve.