On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Potatoes Galore
- 20:30 - Two Fat Ladies - On Safari
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Continental Breads
- Prep time:
- 35 min, plus cooling, chilling and setting times
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Angela Nilsen's no-cook valentine dessert for two is decorated with homemade chocolate hearts and flakes of dark and white chocolate
Method1. For the mousse: place the chopped white chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Heat a little water in a small pan until boiling. Remove the pan from the heat and sit the bowl of chocolate over it, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Set aside for the chocolate to slowly melt, over the water, but off the heat. Stir occasionally and when melted, remove the bowl from the pan and let the chocolate cool for 5-10 minutes to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, take the soft cheese, creme fraiche and cream out of the fridge. When the chocolate has cooled, beat the soft cheese and creme fraiche together in a bowl until smooth. Beat this into the cooled chocolate. Lightly whip the cream to very soft peaks using a wire whisk, just so it flows thickly and softly from the whisk when lifted. Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture.
3. Scoop the contents of each passion fruit into the bottom of 2 x 125ml heart-shaped or round ramekin dishes. Spoon the chocolate mixture over the top, then level the surface with a round-bladed knife. Chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
4. For the chocolate hearts: meanwhile, melt both of the chocolates, separately, as before. Draw a few small heart shapes with a pencil on a piece of baking parchment, drawing enough so you will have spares. Using a small paper piping bag with the end snipped off or fitted with a small plain nozzle, pipe over the outline of the hearts in a double line, then infill with dark chocolate squiggles. Use another small piping bag to pipe white chocolate squiggles over the top. Leave to set.
5. Serve the chocolate pots decorated with the chocolate hearts.
For the pots
- 75 g white chocolate, 30% cocoa solids, finely chopped
- 75 g soft cheese
- 50 g creme fraiche
- 100 ml double cream
- 2 fresh passionfruit, halved
For the chocolate hearts
- 50 g dark chocolate, about 70% cocoa solids, finely chopped
- 25 g white chocolate, 30% cocoa solids, finely chopped
Tips and suggestions
- To prevent white chocolate from getting too thick when melting it, it's important not to overheat it and also to use a good quality one such as Green & Blacks which is made with vanilla.