On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey - Suffolk and Naples
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey - India and Cornwall
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Fish
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Phil Vickery’s sustainable fish supper is packed with fragrant herbs and succulent fish pieces
Method1. Place the vegetables, wine, stock, garlic, turmeric, bay leaves and 600ml of water into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Add some salt and pepper, then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked.
3. Cut the fish into 2cm pieces and drop into the hot stock, poach for 2 minutes.
4. Add the herbs and olive oil, re-check the seasoning and serve.
Recipe and image supplied by Alaska Seafood
- 100 g carrots, roughly chopped
- 100 g onions, roughly chopped
- 100 g parsnips, roughly chopped
- 100 g leeks, roughly chopped
- 100 g green beans, roughly chopped
- 100 g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 fish stock cube, reduced salt
- 1 chicken stock cube, reduced salt
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp chopped basil
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- pinches sugar, to taste
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g Wild Alaska pacific cod