On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Eastern Europe
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Hot and Cold
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Risotto
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Phil Vickery’s healthy cod stew is a mix of fresh cod with lots of different vegetables and herbs
Method1. Place the vegetables, wine, stock, garlic, turmeric, bay leaves and 600ml of water into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Add some salt and pepper, then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked.
3. Cut the fish into 2cm pieces and drop into the hot stock, poach for 2 minutes.
4. Add the herbs and olive oil, re-check the seasoning and serve.
Recipe and image supplied by Alaska Seafood
- 100 g carrots, roughly chopped
- 100 g onions, roughly chopped
- 100 g parsnips, roughly chopped
- 100 g leeks, roughly chopped
- 100 g green beans, roughly chopped
- 100 g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 fish stock cube, reduced salt
- 1 chicken stock cube, reduced salt
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp chopped basil
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- pinches sugar, to taste
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g Wild Alaska pacific cod