On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Tasmania Part I
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Finals - MasterChef
- 22:00 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- makes 500ml
Annabel Langbein's zesty jam makes a great dip or fiery accompaniment to creamy cheeses
Method1. Sterilise a 500ml screw-top jar and its metal lid.
2. Purée the garlic, chillies, ginger and kaffir lime leaves (if using) to a coarse paste. Place in a saucepan with the sugar, lime zest, rice vinegar, fish sauce, soy sauce and 125ml of water.
3. Stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves, then boil for about 10 minutes or until reduced by a third. It will bubble up like jam.
4. Spoon the hot chilli jam into the warm sterilised jar until it is filled to within 3mm of the top. Seal with the screw cap. Once opened, store the chilli jam in the fridge, where it will keep for months.