By: From: Annabel Langbein: The Free Range Cook
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- makes 500ml
Annabel Langbein's zesty jam makes a great dip or fiery accompaniment to creamy cheeses
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Sterilise a 500ml screw-top jar and its metal lid.
2. Purée the garlic, chillies, ginger and kaffir lime leaves (if using) to a coarse paste. Place in a saucepan with the sugar, lime zest, rice vinegar, fish sauce, soy sauce and 125ml of water.
3. Stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves, then boil for about 10 minutes or until reduced by a third. It will bubble up like jam.
4. Spoon the hot chilli jam into the warm sterilised jar until it is filled to within 3mm of the top. Seal with the screw cap. Once opened, store the chilli jam in the fridge, where it will keep for months.