Buffalo wings with sauce and blue cheese dressing
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Try this juicy, finger-licking chicken coated in a sticky, hot cayenne sauce with a creamy cool blue cheese dressing on the side, from Judy Joo
For the blue cheese dressing
- 150 g roquefort cheese, or another blue cheese
- 50 g Japanese mayonnaise, or other rich mayonaise
- 100 g soured cream
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
For the buffalo wings
- groundnut oil, for deep frying
- 1.5 kg meaty chicken wings, cut in half
- cornflour, for dredging
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
For the buffalo wing sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the blue cheese dressing: crumble the blue cheese into a food processor, add the remaining blue cheese dressing ingredients and pulse together a few times until mixed to the desired consistency - it can be smooth or chunky (alternatively mix together in a bowl with a fork). Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
2. For the buffalo wings: preheat the oven to 120C/100C fan/gas ½. Preheat the groundnut oil in a deep fat fryer to 180C.
3. Pat the chicken wings dry with kitchen paper, dredge with cornflour and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Deep-fry the wings in batches for about 10-12 minutes, until completely cooked through and golden-brown. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining wings.
4. For the buffalo wing sauce: while the final batch of wings are frying, melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Whisk in the hot buffalo sauce, sugar and vinegar and heat through until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Pour the hot sauce over the buffalo wings and mix well to coat the wings all over then transfer to a serving plate. Transfer the blue cheese dressing to a small bowl and place it alongside the chicken with the celery sticks. Serve.