Aubergine, pepper and goats cheese rolls
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Diabetes UK whips up a tasty meat-free grilled dish, delicious served with spicy tomato sauce and a chunk of crusty bread
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Nutritional information: Each serving contains 194 calories, 19 g protein, 0g carbohydrates, 5 g fat.
For more information on diabetes, call 020 7424 1000 or visit www.diabetes.org.uk
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the grill to high. Brush both sides of the aubergine slices with the oil.
Place on baking sheets with the pepper halves (skin side up) and grill for 5–7 minutes, turning the aubergine slices halfway through the cooking time.
2. Put the peppers into a plastic bag and tie securely. Set aside until cool, then remove the skin – it should peel off relatively easily – and finely chop the flesh.
3. Mix together the lemon rind, breadcrumbs, pesto, pine nuts, soft goats cheese, herbs and chopped pepper. Divide the mixture between the aubergine slices, roll each one up from the shortest end and secure with a cocktail stick. Set aside.
4. When ready to cook, place over a medium heat and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side until nicely charred and the filling is oozing.
Recipe supplied by Diabetes UK