On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 10 min
Pippa Kendrick shows how easy it is to make a gluten, wheat and dairy free pate – the perfect dinner party starter
- 300 g hot smoked salmon, skin removed
- 2 tsp English mustard, made with 2 tsp of mustard flour mixed with 2tsp of water until smooth.
- 2 tbsp oat cream, such as Oatly Oat Cream
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed and dried
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp agave syrup, or ½ tsp soft brown sugar
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Break up half the salmon fillet into large flakes and place into a food processor.
2. Add the mustard, oat cream, onion, capers and lemon juice to the salmon and blend until smooth. Break up the remaining salmon in to small flakes and stir in to the blended pate with 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper and parsley. Season to taste and add the syrup/sugar and more lemon juice if you think it needs it.
3. Cover and chill in the fridge for an hour before serving. It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days
Recipe supplied by The Intolerant Gourmet