Roasted sweet potato, cream cheese and garlic soup
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Portland, OR
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Seattle
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 7
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Roasting the sweet potato beforehand makes this soup from Philadelphia all the more flavoursome
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Nutritional Information (per portion): Energy 963 kJ / 230 kcal, Protein 7 g, Fat 5 g, Carbohydrate 42 g
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the sweet potato, onion and garlic in oil, tip onto a large baking tray and roast for 20-25 mins until the vegetables are golden.
2. Tip the vegetables into a large saucepan, cover with the stock and bring to
the boil. Once boiling, remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Blend until smooth.
3. Return to the heat, add the cream cheese and stir until it’s all melted in. Simmer for 5 mins, season to taste and serve garnished with parsley.
Recipe supplied by Philadelphia