Lemon pudding with pistachio biscuits
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 2 hours chilling time
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Crunchy biscuits are the ideal accompaniment to Matt Tebbutt’s creamy chilled pudding
- 1 sheet gelatine
- 200 ml full fat milk
- 300 ml double cream
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, peel only
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- vanilla pods, seeds scraped
For the biscuits
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 100 g pistachio nuts, kernels
- chopped pistachio nuts
- lemons, zest
- icing sugar
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Soak the gelatine in a little cold water until softened.
2. Put the milk, cream, sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, vanilla pod and seeds in a heavy-based saucepan and heat until hot, but not boiling. Remove from the heat.
3. Squeeze any excess water from the softened gelatine, add to the warmed milk mixture and stir until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
4. Remove the vanilla pod and strain the mixture through a fine sieve into serving bowls or cocktail glasses. Transfer the puddings to the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours or until set. While the puddings are chilling, make the pistachio biscuits.
5. For the pistachio biscuits: preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3 and grease a baking sheet.
6. Combine the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the nuts and knead until combined.
7. Roll the mixture into little balls, about the size of golf balls, and arrange on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are spaced well apart to allow for spreading. Flatten a little with the palm of your hand.
8. Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until turning lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
9. To serve, garnish each chilled lemon pudding with chopped pistachios and lemon zest and dust with icing sugar. Pass the pistachio biscuits separately.