On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs
Mat Follas uses the simplest of ingredients to create one of his family's festive favourites
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C/gas 2. Place the bread into a food processor and blitz to form breadcrumbs. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
2. Heat the jam and butter together in a saucepan, then add the mixture and the eggs to the food processor and blitz together into a light mixture. Add to the dry mix and blend.
3. Pour into pudding bowl, cover with cling film or a fitted lid and put into an oven tray with a couple of inches of water in it. Place in oven for 2 hours, checking water regularly.
4. To serve, use a little of the jam heated to make a thick sauce on top, then serve with custard.