On TV Tonight
- 20:20 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Simple Classics
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Baking It
- 21:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Posh Nosh
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs
Mat Follas uses the simplest of ingredients to create one of his family's festive favourites
Method1. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C/gas 2. Place the bread into a food processor and blitz to form breadcrumbs. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
2. Heat the jam and butter together in a saucepan, then add the mixture and the eggs to the food processor and blitz together into a light mixture. Add to the dry mix and blend.
3. Pour into pudding bowl, cover with cling film or a fitted lid and put into an oven tray with a couple of inches of water in it. Place in oven for 2 hours, checking water regularly.
4. To serve, use a little of the jam heated to make a thick sauce on top, then serve with custard.