On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off - Tea Party
- 22:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Not a fan of the raw egg beverage? Try Ruth Clemens' eggnog ingredients in a cake instead
Method1. For the cupcakes: preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan/gas 4. Prepare a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
2. Cream the softened butter and caster sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the vanilla extract, then beat in the eggs one by one, adding a little flour at any sign of curdling. Pour in the milk and mix well.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Finally, add the chocolate to the batter and fold it through to distribute evenly. Fill prepared cupcake cases 2/3rds full with the batter.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until well risen and golden brown on top. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
6. For the frosting: melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot water, or in the microwave in short 30 second bursts taking care not to burn the chocolate.
7. Cream together the butter, icing sugar and double cream.
Add the melted chocolate and mix well to combine.
8. Once completely cool, frost the top of the cupcakes using a small angled spatula or pipe if you prefer. Sprinkle the tops with ground cinnamon and add a small piece of cinnamon stick for decoration.
For the cupcakes
- 100 g unsalted butter, softened
- 240 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medium eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 220 g plain flour, sifted, plus extra
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60 g white chocolate, grated
For the frosting
- 100 g white chocolate
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 250 g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- cinnamon sticks, to decorate (optional)