On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Continental Breads
- 20:30 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Sourdough
- 21:00 - Mary Berry at Home - Mary Berry At Home (1): Ep 3
Submitted by: hawaF90753
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 35 min
- makes one 20cm cake
Stir-up Sunday pass you by? Try this alternative to Christmas cake from Bord Bia – a foolproof fruit cake flavoured with Irish stout
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line the base of a buttered loose-bottomed 20cm cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and stout together over a low heat. Add the orange zest, sultanas, raisins and mixed peel. Bring to the boil and leave for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large mixing bowl and add the warm fruit mix. Stir in cherries, then gradually pour in the egg, stirring well.
3. Spoon the mixture into the tin, smoothing the top over with a knife. Bake in for around 1 1/2 hours, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Recipe and image suplpied by www.bordbia.ie