On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - South Australia Part I
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Beer and Cider
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
Method1. For the eggnog: beat the egg yolks and half of the sugar with an electric or hand whisk for 2-3 minutes until light and frothy.
2. Add the milk, cream, alcohol and half of the spices and mix well.
3. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites and the rest of the sugar with an electric or hand whisk until fairly stiff. Fold into the alcohol mixture. Serve in tumblers or mugs and scatter over the remaining spices.
4. For the quail egg shooters: lower the eggs into simmering water for 15- 20 seconds. Cut the top off the egg and sprinkle crispy bacon on top. Serve on a bed of sea salt, alongside the eggnog.
- 3 eggs, such as Clarence Court Burford Browns, separated
- 75 g caster sugar
- 450 ml full fat milk
- 150 ml double cream
- 75 ml Somerset cider brandy
- 75 ml rum
- 25 ml Madeira wine
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 pinches ground nutmeg
For the shooters