On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 1 min
Mark Hix serves his boozy spiced eggnog alongside quail egg shooters – the perfect recipe for fun at Christmas
- 3 eggs, such as Clarence Court Burford Browns, separated
- 75 g caster sugar
- 450 ml full fat milk
- 150 ml double cream
- 75 ml Somerset cider brandy
- 75 ml rum
- 25 ml Madeira wine
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 pinches ground nutmeg
For the shooters
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the eggnog: beat the egg yolks and half of the sugar with an electric or hand whisk for 2-3 minutes until light and frothy.
2. Add the milk, cream, alcohol and half of the spices and mix well.
3. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites and the rest of the sugar with an electric or hand whisk until fairly stiff. Fold into the alcohol mixture. Serve in tumblers or mugs and scatter over the remaining spices.
4. For the quail egg shooters: lower the eggs into simmering water for 15- 20 seconds. Cut the top off the egg and sprinkle crispy bacon on top. Serve on a bed of sea salt, alongside the eggnog.