On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 20:30 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 21:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Don’t be put off by the list of ingredients – Matt Tebbutt’s curry is easy and very tasty
Method1. Cut each duck breast into 4 or 5 pieces.
2. Heat a large deep heavy-based frying pan, add the cumin seeds, cloves and cardamom pods and dry-fry until they begin to crackle.
3. Add the oil to the pan and fry the sliced onions until soft and slightly coloured.
4. Stir in the garlic, ginger, chopped coriander stalk and chillies and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
5. Add the chilli powder, turmeric, cassia bark and cumin and fry for a further 1 minute.
6. Add the duck pieces to the pan and fry gently until browned all over.
7. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and sugar and then add 100ml water and the orange juice. Bring to a simmer and cook gently for 20 minutes or until the duck is tender and cooked through.
8. To serve, garnish the duck with chopped coriander and serve with parathas and a spoonful of sweet chutney.
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 200 g onions, sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander stalks, finely chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 5 cm piece cassia bark
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 600 g skinless duck breast
- 100 g canned tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 300 ml orange juice
- chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- paratha flatbreads
- sweet chutney