On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Low Countries
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Sugar and Spice
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Baked Alaska
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Makes 400g
Whipping up a batch of almond paste is a doddle with Celia Plender's simple recipe
Method1. Sift the ground almond and icing sugar into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and drop in the egg. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir until the egg is incorporated into the almond mix.
2. Sprinkle a little icing sugar on to a clean work surface, turn the mixture out and then knead gently until it comes together in a smooth-ish dough. If the dough is sticky, add a bit more icing sugar.
3. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container or freeze until needed.