Blackberry syrup and ice cream
By: From: Bill's Tasty Weekends
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus cooling time
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Bill Granger makes the most of late summer’s berry bounty with this quick and easy treat
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Put the sugar in a saucepan with 60ml of water and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Increase the heat under the pan and bring the syrup to the boil. Cook until the syrup is golden, then remove from the heat.
3. Mash the blackberries with the vanilla extract and stir into the syrup. Leave to cool before serving with ice cream.