On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off Masterclass - Great British Bake Off: The Masterclass
- 22:00 - The Great British Bake Off Masterclass - Great British Bake Off: The Masterclass
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus cooling time
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Bill Granger makes the most of late summer’s berry bounty with this quick and easy treat
Method1. Put the sugar in a saucepan with 60ml of water and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Increase the heat under the pan and bring the syrup to the boil. Cook until the syrup is golden, then remove from the heat.
3. Mash the blackberries with the vanilla extract and stir into the syrup. Leave to cool before serving with ice cream.