On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 30 min standing
- Cook time:
- 35 min
Bill Granger's indulgent French toast breakfast recipes is made with brioche soaked in a rich creamy cinnamon eggy mix, filled with nectarines and then fried
Method1. Cut the nectarines into 1cm thick slices, removing the stones. Place the fruit in a bowl with the lemon juice and half the sugar and leave to one side for 30 minutes.
2. Whisk the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl with the remaining sugar.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Using a sharp knife, carefully slit open one side of each brioche slice to form a pocket, leaving at least 1cm around the edges. Stuff the brioche pockets with enough nectarine slices to fill comfortably.
4. Soak each of the stuffed brioche pockets for 1 minute in the egg mixture, turning the slices at least once or twice.
5. Heat the butter in a large frying pan set over a medium heat. When the butter is sizzling, remove a piece or two of stuffed brioche from the egg mixture and cook on one side until golden.
6. Flip the brioche over and cook until the other side is coloured. Remove from the pan and place on a baking tray while you fry the remaining pockets.
7. Transfer the baking tray of French toast to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve straight away on warm plates, with any remaining nectarine slices and the yogurt and maple syrup on the side.
Want to see more like this? Take a look at lots more of our breakfast and brunch recipes.