Lemon curd tart with lavender
By: From: Bill's Tasty Weekends
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Bill Granger makes an easy lemon tart evocative of Provence
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Make sure you buy lavender oil and flowers that are suitable for culinary use, as not all are edible.
- 200 ml lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 200 g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten, plus 1 yolk extra, to glaze
- 100 g butter, cubed
- 3/4 drops edible lavender oil
- 375 g ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
- culinary lavender lavender, for decorating
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the lemon juice and zest, caster sugar, cornflour, whole eggs and egg yolks in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is smooth and thick.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, whisk in the butter and then a few drops of lavender oil. Set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, place the pastry on a board and trim a 1cm strip from each side of the sheet.
5. Brush the pastry sheet and the pastry strips with beaten egg yolk. Lay the strips around the rim of the pastry sheet, trimming the edges to form a neat frame. Score a further line around the inside of the frame.
6. Prick the pastry sheet with a fork and sprinkle with sugar. Transfer the pastry to the lined tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
7. Press the centre of the pastry case down and fill with your home-made lemon curd. Sprinkle with lavender and serve.