Spicy roast pumpkin, green bean and olive salad
By: From: Bill's Tasty Weekends
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Bill Granger transforms highlights the versatility of sweet autumnal pumpkin with this piquant salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 800 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 150 g green beans, or broad beans
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 20 green olives, pitted
For the dressing
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the olive oil, cumin and paprika in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the pumpkin and stir to coat. Transfer to a roasting tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and slightly caramelised.
2. Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and boil for 1-2 minutes, then drain and set aside to cool in a bowl of iced water.
3. Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
4. Drain the blanched beans and pat dry. Arrange them with the spinach leaves on a large serving plate and scatter the cooked pumpkin and olives over the top. Drizzle the salad with dressing just before serving.