On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 22:00 - Raymond Blanc's Christmas Feast - Raymond Blanc's Christmas Feast
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Bill Granger transforms highlights the versatility of sweet autumnal pumpkin with this piquant salad
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the olive oil, cumin and paprika in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the pumpkin and stir to coat. Transfer to a roasting tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and slightly caramelised.
2. Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and boil for 1-2 minutes, then drain and set aside to cool in a bowl of iced water.
3. Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
4. Drain the blanched beans and pat dry. Arrange them with the spinach leaves on a large serving plate and scatter the cooked pumpkin and olives over the top. Drizzle the salad with dressing just before serving.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 800 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 150 g green beans, or broad beans
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 20 green olives, pitted
For the dressing