Cheddar and apple sponge
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Cheddar cheese is an intriguing ingredient in James Nathan’s delicious individual desserts
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- If you are a big fromage fan, up the quantities of cheese in this recipe - any kind of cheddar will work.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cream the sugar and butter together using an electric mixer.
2. Slowly add the 2 beaten eggs, then fold in the self-raising flour. Fold in the crumbled cheddar, chopped walnuts and apple.
3. Spoon the mixture into individual fluted tartlet tins and bake for about 15 minutes.
4. Serve with clotted cream.