On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Puglia
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Sweet Tooth
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Picnic
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Cheddar cheese is an intriguing ingredient in James Nathan’s delicious individual desserts
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cream the sugar and butter together using an electric mixer.
2. Slowly add the 2 beaten eggs, then fold in the self-raising flour. Fold in the crumbled cheddar, chopped walnuts and apple.
3. Spoon the mixture into individual fluted tartlet tins and bake for about 15 minutes.
4. Serve with clotted cream.
- 110 g sugar
- 110 g butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 140 g self-raising flour
- 30 g Blaenavon apple charlotte cheddar cheese, crumbled
- 8 walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 apples, peeled, cored and grated
- clotted cream, to serve
Tips and suggestions
- If you are a big fromage fan, up the quantities of cheese in this recipe - any kind of cheddar will work.