By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
Tom Kerridge’s family-style supper puts an English twist on an Italian classic
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- You can also make this recipe using won ton wrappers instead of sheets of lasagne
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the cannelloni: heat a little olive oil in a medium frying pan, add the onion and cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Remove from the heat and tip the onion into a large bowl. Split the sausages lengthways, then remove and discard the outer casings. Mix the sausage meat, onion and chopped sage together, then season with salt and black pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 180/160C fan/gas 4.
3. Lay a lasagne sheet on the work surface, then spoon a line of sausage mix onto one end of it (the narrower end), using about two tablespoons of the mixture. Roll the pasta up around the stuffing (just once, or else there will be too much pasta) to make cannelloni shapes and trim off the excess. Repeat the process until you have no more sausage mix left, then set aside.
4. For the tomato sauce: pour a splash of olive oil into a large saucepan, add the garlic and cook on a medium-low heat for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes, season, bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Blend the sauce and finish with a scattering of basil.
5. Pour half the tomato sauce into the bottom of an ovenproof dish that is big enough to take the cannelloni in one layer. Lay the filled cannelloni on top, having the joins underneath, then pour and spread the rest of the sauce over them. Put spoonfuls of the ricotta all over the sauce and top with grated parmesan. Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is golden and the sauce is bubbling. Serve with salad.