On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Cornwall
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Oxfordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - East Sussex
- Prep time:
- 1 hr
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- 36 pieces
The ultimate in sweet decadence takes form in Matt Tebbutt’s rich cream fudge, which is drizzled with chocolate Get tips on how to make perfect fudge here.
Method1. For the fudge: grease a 20cm/8in square tin and set aside.
2. Place all of the fudge ingredients in a large heavy-based saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, cover and boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to boil until the mixture reaches 115C on a sugar thermometer.
3. Carefully pour the hot fudge mixture into a heatproof mixing bowl and leave until cooled slightly. Whisk the mixture until the sugar crystallises – it should start to appear a little grainy in texture and turn from glossy to matte.
4. Scrape the fudge mixture into the prepared tin. Set aside for 30 minutes, or until the fudge has set slightly.
5. For the chocolate drizzle: gently heat the chocolate, cream and milk in a small heavy-based pan, stirring frequently until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Drizzle over the fudge. Mark the fudge with the tip of a knife to form squares, then leave to set completely before eating.
Looking for more inspiration? Have a look at our Best ever fudge recipes.