On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - South Australia Part I
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Beer and Cider
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 1 hour soaking and 3 hours marinating
- Cook time:
- 35 min
Wow your dinner party guests with Atul Kochhar’s classic chicken skewers with spice infused peanut sauce
Method1. Combine the turmeric, lemongrass, sugar and oil. Add the chicken to the bowl and stir well. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to marinate for around 3 hours.
2. Place 8 bamboo skewers in cold water and allow to soak for 1 hour – this will stop them from burning.
3. To make the satay sauce, mix the ginger, galangal, onion, garlic and chilli with 2 tablespoons of water.
4. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the onion mixture. Stir continuously for 3-4 minutes until the onion is golden.
5. Add the peanuts and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. While the sauce is cooking, mix the tamarind paste with 100 millilitres water stirring until smooth. Add to the satay sauce along with the sugar and simmer for a further 20 minutes - until reduced by a third.
7. Thread the chicken onto the bamboo skewers and grill or barbecue for 2 minutes on each side until tender and slightly charred on the outside.
8. Serve with the satay sauce on the side.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 small stem of lemongrass
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm cubes