Sweet chilli jam
By: From: Rachel Allen's Dinner Parties
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Portland, OR
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Seattle
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 7
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- makes 1 x 400g jar
Rachel Allen’s hot and tangy chilli jam is the perfect accompaniment to Thai food
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Try this with Thai chicken cakes
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Put the ginger, garlic, chillies and fish sauce into a blender (or use a hand-held blender) and whiz to a purée.
2. Place the purée in a saucepan with the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring regularly, for 8–10 minutes or until thick and jam-like in consistency.
3. Place in a sterilised jar, cover with a lid and allow to cool, or pour straight into a bowl if serving immediately.