On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey - Suffolk and Naples
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey - India and Cornwall
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Fish
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- makes 1 x 400g jar
Rachel Allen’s hot and tangy chilli jam is the perfect accompaniment to Thai food
Method1. Put the ginger, garlic, chillies and fish sauce into a blender (or use a hand-held blender) and whiz to a purée.
2. Place the purée in a saucepan with the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring regularly, for 8–10 minutes or until thick and jam-like in consistency.
3. Place in a sterilised jar, cover with a lid and allow to cool, or pour straight into a bowl if serving immediately.
- 25 g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 red chilli, deseeded
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, (nam pla)
- 375 g tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 200 g caster sugar
- 75 ml sherry vinegar, or white wine vinegar
Tips and suggestions
- Try this with Thai chicken cakes