On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Blueberry Coronation Chicken and Two Course Pasty
- 22:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Pizza, Blackberry Beer and Chicken Pie
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
A minty fresh pea relish is the perfect accompaniment to Aaron Craze's caramelised lamb cutlets
Method1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large, shallow bowl and add the cutlets, coating them entirely. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Combine the mustard and honey in a small bowl and brush over the marinated lamb. Cook under the grill on a high heat for 12-16 minutes, turning half-way through.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the relish. Combine the cooked peas, vinegar, spring onions, olive oil, mint and seasoning in a food processor or blender, and whizz briefly until chunky. Stir in the tomatoes, crushing them as you go, and transfer to a bowl.
4. Remove chops from under the grill and arrange three on each plate. Serve with a dollop of relish and a slice of crusty bread.
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 bay leaves, torn
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the meat
For the relish
- 175 g shelled peas, cooked for 2-3 minutes then rehydrated in hot water
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 2 spring onions, stalks only, roughly chopped
- 1 handful fresh mint, chopped
- 50 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- crusty bread