On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Lancashire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - North Yorkshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Herefordshire
Method1. Slice the chicken into strips and soak in the yogurt, tomato purée, turmeric and chilli, adding the lemon juice for extra zing.
2. While it’s marinating, peel the onions and slice these plus the tomato and green peppers into 1cm wide slices. (See Cook’s note)
3. Warm the oil in a wok or large frying pan set over a high heat. When it sizzles, fry the onions and garlic and ginger pastes for 2-3 minutes until softened.
4. Now add the chicken, with its marinade, and stir vigorously for 5 minutes until the meat is sealed evenly. Throw in the tomato slices and keep cooking and stirring over a high heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Finally, toss in the green peppers and garam masala. Cover the wok with a tight-fitting lid and cook for a further 2 minutes until the peppers soften and the chicken has absorbed its yogurt marinade.
6. Stir in the coriander, add salt to taste and serve the chicken piled high on a bed of mixed green salad leaves tossed with fresh lemon juice, salt and chilli powder.
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large tomato
- 2 green peppers
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 25 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Tips and suggestions
- If you have the time you can marinate the chicken for up to 2 hours, but if not, just use it straight away.