On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Louisiana
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Brooklyn
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Harlem and Connecticut
- Member recipe
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
- 8-12 depending on how cake is cut
Easiest boiled fruit cake ever, would make excellent christmas cake with a tablespoon of brandy added each week for 4 weeks before christmas.
Method1. Put fruit, sugar, butter and water in pan
2. Cook until boiling and simmer until fruit swells about 4/5 mins
3. Leave to cool slightly - 5-10 mins
4. Beat eggs and add to fruit with treacle combines easily
5. Sift in flour and mixed spice.
6. Put in prepared round 18 x 6cm (7"x 2.1/2") cake tin, lined or greased. I use non stick cake tin liners.
7. Bake in centre of pre-heated oven for 60 minutes or until inserted knitting needle or skewer comes out clean.
8. Cool on wire rack and keep in tin or wrap in foil.