On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey
- Prep time:
- 10 min
You’ll love the flavour of Parma ham with ripe fresh fruit – it goes particularly well with the melon and mango in this refreshing salad
Method1. Cut half the mango into neat slices to use in the salad. Chop the rest of the mango flesh roughly and blend this with the lime or lemon juice, chilli and two tablespoons of cold water, using a hand-held stick blender or regular blender.
2. Share the rocket between two serving plates and arrange the sliced mango on top. Remove the skin from the melon, cut the flesh into slices and arrange on the salads.
3. Tear or cut the mozzarella cheese into chunks or slices and share between the salads. Season with a little black pepper, and arrange the slices of parma ham on top. Drizzle with a little mango dressing and serve at once.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 lime, or lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh chillies, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 2 wedges melons, cantaloupe, galia or honeydew melon
- 1 bocconcini (small balls of mozzarella cheese)
- 8 slices Parma ham
Tips and suggestions
- Make sure that the fruit is at room temperature to fully appreciate its flavour. For fabulous nibbles, wrap chunks of mango and melon in slices of parma ham – perfect for parties and get-togethers. Quartered figs and pears work well with parma ham too.