On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Quick and easy to make, this soup will last a week in the refrigerator. A delicious meal for busy lifestyles by health conscious cook Sally Bee
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- For more soup recipes, take a look at our chunky winter soup recipes
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Sweat the onion and garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat in a large, lidded pan for about 7 minutes, or until soft.
2. Chop the carrots and butternut squash into 1.5cm/ 5/8in cubes and add to the pan. Season with black pepper and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
3. Pour in the stock, add the thyme leaves and parsley or coriander and bring to the boil. Now turn down the heat a little, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Finally, use a hand blender or liquidizer to purée the soup. Reheat and serve.