On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus chilling
- Cook time:
- 5 min
What could be better than Malteser’s rich, creamy cheesecake recipe filled with crispy chocolate and honeycomb chunks?
For the base
For the topping
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Butter an 8 inch spring form cake tin with melted butter, then leave to one side until needed.
2. For the base: whizz the base ingredients in a blender until they are like fine breadcrumbs.
3. Pour this crumb mixture into a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix everything together then tip into the spring form cake tin.
4. Press it down so it is level and compact with the back of a large spoon then put the tin in the fridge for a good 30 minutes to firm up.
5. For the topping: put the cream cheese, soured cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat together until combined.
6. In another bowl whisk the double cream until it forms medium peaks. Pour the whipped cream in a bowl with the cream cheese, soured cream, icing sugar and vanilla and fold gently together. Add the crushed maltesers and fold to combine.
7. To assemble: take the tin containing the biscuit base from the fridge and tip the creamy mixture over the top of it. Spread it around to level and then bang the tin a couple of times on the work surface to make sure it touches the base mixture evenly and there are no gaps.
8. Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set. Once ready to serve, remove from the fridge and press the maltesers in to the topping if using. Cut and serve.
Image and recipes from www.maltesers.com