On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Timber
- 20:30 - Two Fat Ladies - A Day at the Races
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Soda Bread
- Member recipe
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
Indulgently moreish, this nutty and chocolatey treat is contrasted with the refreshing tang of plump raspberries
Method1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Butter and line the bases and sides of 2 x 20cm springform tins with baking parchment. Grind the hazelnuts and icing sugar in a food processor until fine.
2. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, add half the caster sugar and whisk again until stiff, then repeat with the rest of the caster sugar. Fold in the vanilla, vinegar
and ground nut mixture until well combined.
3. Divide the mixture between the tins and bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops are firm to the touch. Remove and cool in the tins on a wire rack. The
meringues are very fragile and may crack a little, but don’t worry.
4. While the meringues cool, make the chocolate cream. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then remove from the heat. Leave to cool slightly, then stir in the cream and leave to set in a cool place.
5. Carefully remove the cooled meringues from the tins and put one layer onto a serving plate. Lightly crush half of the berries with a fork. Using a palette knife, spread half the chocolate cream over the meringue and spoon over the berries. Top with the remaining layer, then ice with chocolate cream and decorate with remaining berries. Chill until serving.