On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Plum Compote, Waldorf Salad and Flapjacks
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Slow Food
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Paris
- Member recipe
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Serves 4/6
A deliciously rich dessert. A truly sumptuous finish to any meal.
Method1. Sweeten the coffee with some of the sugar to your required taste and add half of the rum. Stir and leave to stand.
2. Add the remainder of the sugar and the rum to the Mascarpone and stir in well. It should be the consistency of whipped cream. If it is too loose, add more Mascarpone.
3. Arrange the slices of cake around the bottom of a bowl
4. Slowly pour some of the prepared coffee over the cake, allowing it to soak in. DO NOT soak the cake enough to make it soggy
5. Place the slices of banana on top of the cake.
6. Cover with the Mascarpone mixture, smoothing it out to the edges of the bowl. Lift it into peaks with the tines of a fork.
7. Mix the grated chocolate and coconut together and sprinkle over the trifle
8. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.