On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 1
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus steeping
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Matt Tebbutt laces his spiced strawberries with port and rosé wine
Method1. Throw the strawberries into a bowl. Put remaining ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Remove pod, star anise, cloves and peppercorns.
2. Pour warm liquid over the strawberries and cover bowl with cling film. Allow to steep until cooled.
4. Serve with crème fraîche/yogurt and biscuits.