On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 20:30 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 21:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus steeping
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Matt Tebbutt laces his spiced strawberries with port and rosé wine
Method1. Throw the strawberries into a bowl. Put remaining ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Remove pod, star anise, cloves and peppercorns.
2. Pour warm liquid over the strawberries and cover bowl with cling film. Allow to steep until cooled.
4. Serve with crème fraîche/yogurt and biscuits.