On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas
- Member recipe
- Prep time:
- 40 min
Rich, creamy and dangerously moreish.
Method1. Base: Combine biscuit crumbs with melted butter. Spoon into tin and press over the base, chill.
2. Filling: In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, egg yolks and sugar.
3. Add single cream, double cream and amaretto and lightly beat till smooth.
4. Put water into heat proof bowl, sprinkle over gelatin, leave to go spongy (approx. 5 minutes).
5. Dissolve over a pan of barely simmering water and stir till clear (2-3 minutes). Cool slightly.
6. Gradually beat the gelatin into the cheese mixture, making sure it has all been thoroughly blended.
7. Whisk egg whites into soft peaks.
8. Carefully fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
9. Pour into tin and chill 4 hours or overnight.
10. To remove from tin dip knife in hot water and slide around tin to loosen. Put on taller jar (something sturdy) and pull down the sides.
11. To finish sprinkle lightly toasted almond flakes and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- 200g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 55g butter, melted
- 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, I use medium fat
- 40g caster sugar
- 150ml single cream
- 200ml double cream
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 100ml Amaretto
- 1 sachet gelatin
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp flaked almonds, Lightly toasted for decoration
- 20g milk or dark chocolate, melted