Hot and sour chicken noodle soup
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
For the soup
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 ½ cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 220 g canned bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese black rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- pinches ground white pepper
- 1 tsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
For the noodle base
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the soup: heat the oil in a wok and fry the ginger and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Add the chilli, rice wine or dry sherry, stock, bamboo shoots, soy sauces, vinegar and pepper. Bring to the boil, add the corn flour paste and stir until thickened. Reduce heat and warm through.
2. For the noodle base: layer the noodles, bean sprouts, sweetcorn and spring onion in a serving bowl. Top with the chicken, then spoon the soup over the ingredients. Give the bowl a stir and serve immediately.