Monkfish with a chilli and coriander sauce
From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
A reduced chilli and tomato sauce gives Lisa Allen’s succulent monkfish dish an extra kick
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Remove the monkfish membrane using a small sharp knife and set the fish aside.
2. Heat some olive oil in a pan, toss in the onions and sweat them gently until soft. Add the tomatoes and leave to cook on a low heat.
3. Season the fish with salt and heat some olive oil in a sauté pan. When the oil is very hot, add the fish and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. While the monkfish is cooking, finish the tomato sauce.
4. Add the chilli to the tomato sauce and then the spinach. Once it has wilted, add some of the coriander, reserving a little for garnish. Remove from the heat.
5. To serve, slice the monkfish and place on top of the tomato sauce. Finish with a scattering of coriander.