On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Arizona
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Boston
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Massachusetts
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
A quick dish of flash-fried beef strips, crisp noodle nests and a fresh, crunchy Asian-style salad from Aaron Craze
Method1. For the steak and noodles: heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Season the steak with salt and black pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes until brown and sizzling. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Half fill a wok with groundnut oil and heat over a medium heat until a breadcrumb dropped in the oil floats and sizzles and turn golden brown. Carefully add the vermicelli nests and fry for 2-3 minutes or until puffed up, crisp and golden. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Add the chilli to the wok and fry for 30 seconds then remove and drain.
4. For the salad: in a large bowl mix together the ginger, garlic, tomkatsu sauce and honey. Tip in all the remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine.
4. Serve the steak with the noodles and salad, sprinkled with the fried chilli and garnished with the coriander leaves.
For the steak and noodles
- 1 rib-eye steak, thinly sliced
- groundnut oil, for frying
- 2 nests dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
For the salad