On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Potatoes Galore
- 20:30 - Two Fat Ladies - On Safari
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Continental Breads
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 15 minutes chilling
- Cook time:
- 45 min
The light spring flavours of Sam Ciaravolo’s courgette rosti is a great base for tender roast chicken
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Remove the breasts and drumsticks from the chicken, keeping the skin on. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat an ovenproof frying pan over a high heat, add the chicken portions and fry for 1-2 minutes on all sides, or until golden-brown all over. Add the garlic bulb halves to the pan and place into the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Add the cherry tomato trusses and rosemary to the pan and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp and golden-brown.
5. Squeeze half of the roasted garlic into a bowl, discarding the skins. Add the butter and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix until well combined.
6. Place a sheet of cling film on the work surface and spoon the butter mixture across. Roll up into a sausage shape about 3cm in diameter, twisting the ends to seal. Chill the butter mixture in the fridge until firm.
7. Grate the potato and courgette into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess liquid. Transfer the potato and courgette to a bowl, squeeze over the remaining roasted garlic and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well to combine.
8. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and spoon in a third of the rosti mixture, flattening out the mixture. Cook for 5-6 minutes on both sides, or until golden-brown all over. Repeat with the remaining rosti mixture.
9. To serve, place the potato and courgette rosti on a plate and top with the pan-roasted chicken. Arrange the roasted cherry tomatoes over, finishing with two slices of the parsley butter on top.